Living a healthy mouth is the right of every human being. Every individual must visit a dentist regularly to maintain good oral health. When we talk about dentistry we only think that a particular dentist can perform all types of dental treatments for all age groups. However, this is not true. Besides, confusions do occur that which type of dentist should I visit? Similar to medicine, dentistry is a field that consists of sub-specialties and our dental clinic in Sharjah consists of specialized dentists who offer high-quality dental services to the patients. Our dentists at the elite medical center are specialized and certified in various sub-specialties to provide you the best quality treatment in a specialized way.
Here are the subspecialties of dentistry that you can choose for your dental problem.
1. Prosthodontist: Prosthodontists are usually concerned with the restorative (cavity filling), placement, and replacement of prostheses such as crowns, bridges, dentures (partial or complete), etc. Prosthodontists work collaboratively with other dental specialties to provide comprehensive treatment.
2. Orthodontists: Orthodontists are specialized in orthodontic procedures such as teeth straightening, jaw-related problems (TMJ), and other developmental craniofacial deformities including but not limited to malocclusions, spacing, crooked teeth, etc.
3. Periodontists: Periodontists specialized in diseases related to gums and their surrounding structures. Periodontists focus mainly on gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) and periodontitis (inflammation of the teeth supporting structures). They design preventive procedures that stop or reduce the progression of these inflammatory diseases. Besides, periodontists also perform surgical procedures such as crown lengthening, surgical debridement, root planning, and tissue contouring.
4. Pedodontists: Pedodontists specialize in providing dental treatments for children.
5. Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons: Oral maxillofacial surgeons are specialized in treating oral cancers, cysts, and other tumors. They also remove wisdom teeth, treat trauma-related defects, congenital facial defects, and infectious diseases in the head and neck region.
6. Endodontists: Endodontists are specially trained in treating and removing dental pulp diseases such as root canals, pulp stones, and root defects, etc.
7. Implantologists: Implantologists specialize in implant placement surgically.
8. Cosmetic Dentists: Cosmetic dentists typically focus on cosmetic procedures such as veneers, crowns, teeth whitening, and teeth bonding procedures.
9. General Dentists: General dentists perform regular dental treatments such as cleanings, x rays, and routine dental checkups.
General dentists usually refer you to specialized dentists depending on your need and requirement. You can also ask the front desk for a specialized dentist related to your dental problem.
Our dental professionals at the elite medical center are highly trained and certified for providing specialized dental treatments. Our qualified dental professionals provide dental services at affordable costs and multiple payment options are also offered. We believe in patient satisfaction and aim to improve patient’s dental health. You will get patient-centered dental treatments that are assessed, planned, and delivered comprehensively. Besides, the clinical environment is sterile, friendly yet professional, and free parking space is also available.